ERP Implementation Best Practices
What happens after you purchase an ERP system?
If you have experienced a failed implementation, then you know the importance of an ERP Implementation Plan.
The fear of having to pay tens of thousands of dollars or more and then being left with a software system that is unusable, is a nightmare no one wants to go through.
So, how do you know if you are ready to implement ERP software?
Before you even begin, it’s important to:
- Understand Operations and Workflow:Decide when you are ready and how you want to implement a new software system. The ERP company providing your new ERP system should plan both an implementation road map and time-frame. By providing this, all departments will have an idea of what they need to know and how to learn it.
- Data Import: Decide on when you would like to retire your existing software system and begin using the new one. That will inform which data you want to import and when you want to import it. Data that is typically exported from your current system would be customers, suppliers, item masters, open accounts receivable, and open accounts payable. It is a good idea to make a list of all information you will need before going live.
- Customizations: Decide on the type and scope of customizations you will need. Your ERP company should be able to customize the software to fit your needs. Every shop is run differently and you should be able to easily duplicate and enhance your current processes. Customizations should not hinder your ability to upgrade.
- Support:Quality support is necessary to make sure your employees are equipped to use the software to its full potential. Also, your employees should have access to training materials as well as on-site, online, phone, and e-mail support to contact the company with any questions.
MIE Solutions has a dedicated 120-day implementation plan where we walk you through the implementation process to make sure you and your employees have the tools to run your shop like a well-oiled machine.
Our implementation plan includes:
- Data imports
- Classroom training
- Online training
- Support portals
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's, for short).
Subscribe to Quick Tips
[iframe width="100%" height="200" scrolling="no" src="//marketing.mie-solutions.com/acton/media/11387/quicktips" allowfullscreen/iframe]